Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Real Job Creators

Let’s be real. When talking  about the job creators who are we talking about? Many times when we hear Politicians and business owner use this term we are referring to Businesses and corporations large and small. Have you ever wonder the role of government in this equation ? Certainly, consumer plays probably the most important role because  you and I purchase goods and services and that expands the economy.


In  my opinion the consumer should be  call the real job creators. I once believed that businesses created the lion share of jobs and then  government. Let me tell you what got me thinking. I watched all the Republican debates and follow the presidential race almost daily and I noticed buzz words and talking points by many politician and “the job creators” has been very popular over  several months now,

I am  a small business owner . I’ve got a dog in this fight. I’ve  seen many well known CEOs and business people talk about this issue exhaustively and each had his personal agenda. They did not get the big picture .  When I hire an employee I need them yesterday or last week. In other words this is a huge decision for me. Think of the expense involve.. It’s an expensive undertaking to hire somebody  even if it is only minimum wage. Then you add the taxes and the benefits and then you got a really big expense.

  The consumer demands that you hire somebody by overwhelming you with sales and service demands. The last thing you want is another large expense   That’s the way it have been in my experience. I also remember when I did not understand this dynamic. The results were not immediate but  always disastrous in the long run.  Having too many employees is worse than not having enough. At the end of the day your hard work must pay off and there  is no worse feeling when you are broke because your overhead exploded beyond your income level repeatedly.  That’s not good at all. You can not achieve your financial goals this way.


 Is consumers the real “job creators?’ Nothing happens without them.  You can have the greatest business plans, marketing ideas, products or services but you will go nowhere with out customers. Consumption creates jobs.  All customers contributes no matter where they work. If they spend money they contribute. Government workers contribute to the economy too. The contrary is true also. We are all a part of a economic ecosystem. It is in all of our best interest that all able body people contribute. That’s my reality. Your comments are welcome.
Horace Justice

More info stimulus plan that create jobs and strengthen all Businesses

1 comment:

  1. I do agree that consumers are the real job creators. It makes sense.Can you imagine what will happen when $65 billion dollars/year is sent directly to the consumers in reparations. This kind of direct stimulus will create and save jobs around the country. Established businesses will sell more products and services. New businesses will be formed and hire new workers. Get the message. That's why I am so excited about "The American Reparation Plan." This plan will go a long ways to correct long overdue payment for slavery and beyond. The most unexpected benefit will be to America at large. That's just great with me. Everybody benefits.

    ReplyDelete