Monday, October 7, 2013

“Pledge Of Allegiance;” My Conflict.



When  my daughter told me about my  grandson’s latest great accomplishment , I was completely astonished  when I heard him recite the “ Pledge of Allegiance” where his peers and his teachers were in attendance. I was so proud and excited too.  This truly was a great moment for him and his whole family. It was a big deal. I also knew  I was working on "The American Reparation Plan." My inner conflict started within hours after learning about my grandson’s latest accomplishment.

I began to think about his future and all my grand children’s future as well as others in their peer groups. The future is so bright for them. Isn’t it? Or is it? Right now their parents and our educational system are preparing them to compete and perform on a global stage. This reminded me that our country needs to embrace and invest in all of her children according to their talents and needs. For example, I have a question to America.  My grandsons are  Black . Will they be valued as much as his White brothers? I pray so. I hope so.
 My oldest grandson has inspired me to work even harder to make this  a reality because of this proud moment when he recited the “The Pledge of Allegiance .That moment still gives me “goose bumps.” My grandson actually believes “The Pledge Of Allegiance” with all his heart as all children do at this age. They are completely innocent. When he recited the phrase ‘and justice for all,” he motivated me to do better. I  recommitted  myself to  the promise I made to  myself and my God that I will do my part large or small to make a difference in the world . I’m dedicated to America and I expect America to be dedicated to me too. This way we can lessen each others pain. Strong citizenry makes a strong nation. Let’s include all its citizens.
  Let’s  all  go the extra mile  to make that happen for all America’s children  who will one day be grown up into leaders of our great nation of destiny.. I have great expectations for the future of America. Whether or not she values all her citizens depends a lot on our individual and collective efforts. We need to demand that She  values all of Her citizens without exception. So let us get involved. Speak up and speak out.

Then reality set in.  I’m a realist. Let me put things in perspective without being negative.   Will he have the greatest opportunity to prosper?  Will young Black children have the same opportunity as his White brothers? America knows the answer is no and seems lost as to how to take corrective action.   Millions of  Black children in this country need a better chance to prosper  and live out the American Dream.  The Black community continues to need help and this country owes us money. This country owes us an inheritance.  Right now will be the perfect time to rectify the situation because portions of the Black community are in dire straits.
Simply stated, this seemingly never ending economic catastrophe  has hit segments of the Black community so hard that it is going to take a long term commitment by the  US Government to make a difference . This is a huge problem.
But as always a huge problem presents a huge opportunity.
Here is a great opportunity to put America on a long term economic boom.  When Black America Prospers all of  America prospers. The contrary is true too. We are living this truth right now. Let me ask you a question. Suppose the unemployment rate in the Black Community was only 4% do you think this economy will be sputtering like it is right now? Of course not. The economy show signs of taking off but there is drag on it right now.
 One drag on this economy is the high unemployment rate in the Black community .  Invest in the Black Community  America  and the Whole world will do better. It is simply as that. The Black community is an integral part of this economy.    You can’t separate the Black community  out from the rest. Our problem is your problem too.
I believe my grandson has a better chance than his mother’s generation.  This is the way it is expected. Why should Americans accept second class citizenship for any American?  Anything less than this is unacceptable to me  and it should be unacceptable to  all Americans. We are in this together for better or worse. I mean all of us!  You should stand up for all Americans because it is in all of our best interest to keep this nation the strongest.  The surest way to keep America her strongest is to insure that all her citizen has an equal opportunity to prosper under her laws. Can anyone say that this is true right now? Of course not.

 Simply stated, America is one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all” as my grandson so eloquently recited to his peers and teachers.

Thank you for your time and interest!

Horace Justice


1 comment:

  1. Can you imagine the economic impact of "The American Reparation Plan" when it is passed by congress. My state,Georgia, will benefit greatly from this plan. The unemployment rate will fall, many businesses will add new workers, many new businesses will be developed along the way. I wonder what economists can add to the conversation. Please check out my plan, sign my petition and get involved.

    ReplyDelete